[vc_row][vc_column][vc_column_text]STATEMENT OF FAITH
The Statement of Faith of Calvary Chapel, Inc. d/b/a Calvary Chapel Villages, a Florida Not For Profit Corporation, is as follows:
(1) Bible– We believe that the Scriptures, which consist of the Old and New Testaments, are the fully inspired Word of God without error in the original manuscripts, and the infallible rule of faith and practice. The Word of God is the foundation upon which the church operates, and the basis by which the church is governed. We believe that the sixty six books of the Bible supersede any and all earthly law in precept and principle (Isaiah 28:13; Nehemiah 8:8; John 17:17; 2 Timothy 3:16-17; Hebrews 4:12; 1 Peter 1:23-25; 2 Peter 1:3-4 and 1:21).
(2) Trinity– We believe that there is one living and true GOD, eternally existing in three persons: The Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit, equal in power and glory. We believe that the Trinity created all, upholds all, and governs all things (Genesis 1:1; Deuteronomy 6:4; Isaiah 44:8 and 48:16; Matthew 28:19-20; John 10:30; Hebrews 1:3).
(3) God the Father– We believe in the person of God the Father—an infinite, eternal, personal Spirit—perfect in holiness, wisdom, power, and love. We believe He concerns Himself mercifully in the affairs of men, hears and answers prayer, and saves from sin and death all those who come to Him through faith in Jesus Christ (Deuteronomy 33:27; Psalms 90:2; Psalms 102:27; John 3:16 and 4:24; 1 Timothy 1:17; Titus 1:3).
(4) Jesus Christ– We believe in the person of Jesus Christ, God’s eternal and only begotten Son, who was conceived by the Holy Spirit. We believe in His virgin birth, sinless life, miracles, teachings, substitutionary atoning death, bodily resurrection, ascension into heaven, perpetual intercession for His people, and personal, visible return to earth (Matthew 13:8; Isaiah 9:6; John 1:1-2; Exodus 3:14-15; John 8:57-59; Isaiah 7:14; Micah 5:2; Matthew 1:23; Mark 16:19; Luke 1:34-35; John 1:1-2, 8:58 and 11:25; 1 Corinthians 15:3-4; 1 Timothy 3:16; Hebrews 1:8; 1 John 1:2; Revelation 1:8).
(5) God the Holy Spirit– We believe in the person of the Holy Spirit—that He proceeds forth from the Father and Son to convict the world of sin, righteousness, and judgment; that He does regenerate, sanctify, and empower for ministry all who believe the biblical gospel (Acts 1:8; 2 Corinthians 3:18; John 16:8-11; Romans 8:26 and 15:13,16; Hebrews 9:14). We believe the Holy Spirit indwells every believer in Jesus Christ and functions as their abiding helper, teacher, and guide (John 6:13, 14:16-17 and 16:8-11; Romans 8:26). We believe the baptism with the Holy Spirit is a distinct and separate experience to that of regeneration, occurring either subsequent to, or simultaneous with the experience of the new birth. We believe the baptism with the Holy Spirit is evidenced in the Christian’s life as a dynamic enablement to be a bold and more effective witness for the gospel. We believe that the supreme evidence of the Spirit-filled life is the fruit of the Spirit, and love (Galatians 5:33-23; 1 Corinthians 13). We believe in and advocate the present-day ministry of the Holy Spirit in the church regarding the exercise of all biblical gifts of the Holy Spirit, according to the instructions outlined in 1 Corinthians 12-14.
(6) Humanity– We believe that all people are sinners by nature and choice. All people have broken the law and heart of God at the level of desire, imagination, thought, and behavior, and as a result are under God’s righteous judgment.
(7) Gospel– We believe the gospel—the good news that God forgives, regenerates, and saves all who come to Him through faith in the biblical gospel. This is possible because, though all humans are guilty, Jesus Christ died on the cross in our place for our sins, absorbing God’s wrath on our behalf. In so doing, God is able to forgive the spiritual crimes of people without violating the demands of justice. God now offers an invitation to every sinner to believe in the gospel for reconciliation with God. We believe Jesus will ultimately renew the entire cosmos in the new heaven and earth, and that all who believe the gospel will rule and reign with Him in His kingdom (Romans 3:23, Acts 3:19, Acts 20:21, Ephesians 2:1-3, Ephesians 2:8-9, 1 John 2:2, John 3:16, Matthew 11:28, Revelation 22:17).
(8) Gender Roles– We believe in the pattern and principle of male leadership and responsibility in both the home and the church. We believe this limits the roles of pastoral leadership and doctrinal authority to qualified men (1 Corinthians 11:1-12, 1 Timothy 2:1-15).
(9) Gender Differentiation– We believe that God created mankind male and female. Men and women are both created in the image of God, and as such, they are equal in value, dignity, and worth, but different in function so as to complement and complete each other. God instituted monogamous marriage between male and female as the foundation of the family and the basic structure of human society. Therefore, we perform marriages in accordance with the Bible consistent with the Old and New Testament precepts (Genesis 2:24; Matthew 19:4-6; John 4:16-18; Romans 1:18-32; 1 Corinthians 5:11, 6:9-11, 6:18-20, 7:1-3 and 7:8-9; Galatians 5:19-21; Ephesians 5:3-7; 1 Timothy 1:9-11).
(10) Church– We believe in the universal church—the living and organic spiritual body of people—of which Christ is the Head and all who are born-again through faith in the biblical gospel are a part (1 Corinthians 12:12-13; Ephesians 4:15-16).
(11) Ordinances– We believe that the Lord Jesus Christ instituted two ordinances for the church: (a) full immersion water baptism of believers in the gospel, and (b) the Lord’s Supper (or communion) (Matthew 28:19; Luke 22:19-20; Acts 2:38; 1 Corinthians 11:23-26).
(12) Eternal Destiny– We believe in a literal Heaven and a literal Hell. All those who place their faith in the gospel of Jesus Christ will spend eternity in Heaven with the Lord, while those who reject Jesus’ free gift of salvation proclaimed in the gospel will spend eternity separated from God and His people in hell (Psalm 9:17; Matthew 5:3, 5:22, 18:9 and 25:31-34; Mark 9:42-49; Luke 12:5; John 3:18; Hebrews 12:23; 1 Peter 1:4; Revelation 14:10-11 and 20:11-15).
(13) Rapture– We believe in the Pre-Tribulation Rapture of the Church through which all believers will be caught up to meet the Lord in the air, and be taken out of the world prior to the Tribulation that will then come upon the earth (Isaiah 26:20; Matthew 24:29-31; Luke 21:36; Romans 1:18, 5:9; 1 Thessalonians 1:10, 4:13-16 and 5:9; 2 Peter 2:7-9; Revelation 3:10, 5:7-10 and 7:13-14).
(14) Second Coming– We believe the Second Coming of Jesus Christ will be a personal, visible return to earth. The Second Coming will coincide with the establishment of His millennial kingdom, the resurrection, final judgment, eternal blessing of the righteous, and eternal condemnation of the wicked (Matthew 16:27; Acts 1:11; Revelation 19:11-16, 20:11-15).[/vc_column_text][/vc_column][/vc_row]