- Newcomer’s Lunch This Month
- Anniversary Luncheon Tickets Available
- Check out the updated CCV Website
From Pastor Steve’s Study:
How is your SQ (spiritual quotient)? Only God knows for sure.
You cannot personally raise your SQ, but you can position yourself so that God can raise it. 1 Corinthians 6, tells us it is imperative for us to understand:
- that our body is the temple of the Holy Spirit
- that you are bought with a price
- that you have the responsibility as well as the privilege for God to be glorified through your temple
Let’s take this primary doctrine seriously and pray about what that means for you practically. In other words, position yourself in the secret place daily and allow this wonderful truth of the Spirit’s abiding presence to engulf and enlighten you. In so doing, He will raise your SQ. As you meditate on Him consider:
- Why God is worthy of your worship[Psalm 95:6-7; Psalm 103; Revelation 5:2, & 11-14]
- His ways, His truth, His life [John 14:6-7; Matthew 5]
- How to seek Him with your whole heart [Isaiah 55:6; Jeremiah 29:12-14; Matthew 6:33]
This Week’s Reminders:
- Women’s Ministry “Living From The Heart Jesus Gave You”
- Meets 1:00 – 2:30
- Orinda Ward’s Home
- 2307 Nehaul Terr / Village of Hadley
- 352.633.5027 (Home) / 609.501.6136 (Cell)
- Prayer with Pastor Steve
- 6:30 in the Sanctuary
Parking: The Parking Team is requesting that everyone park in the large lot to the rear of our building. Except for handicap, please do not park in front lot. Late arrivals will be directed to enter the sanctuary from the front pool-side entrance. Signs will direct you via a covered entranceway.
Seating: Please note that our sanctuary facilitates a warmer section (left, facing front) and a cooler section (right, facing front)
- 9:00: Pre-Service Coffee
- Join us in the Fellowship Room for a special time of meeting, greeting, and snacks before morning services
- 9:30: Pre-service Prayer in the Church Office
- 9:50: Quiet Time Before Service in The Sanctuary
- Announcements on The Big Screen
- 10:00: Worship Service
- Elders and wives at the front for individual prayer following the service
- Sunday, March 24th @ 11:45 / CCV Newcomers Lunch
- Hosted by Mike & Mary Barber at their home
- If you are new to CCV, join us for an after-service lunch. Meet the Pastor and Roz, hear about the church and ask questions.
- Sunday, March 31st CCV 4th Anniversary Party
Growing Stronger. Going Deeper. Reaching Higher”
- 11:30 after Church
- Manatee Rec Ctr.
- Catered by La Hacienda Catering
- Tickets are free, but required; available at Info Table
- Christian Movie Released This weekend
- See Flyer
CCV is growing with average Sunday attendance up 40% over this time last year! That means more opportunities for newer attendees to find a place to be involved. Currently, two teams are in need of volunteers.
- Sign-up interest sheets are at the Info Table … OR
- “Reply” to this email
Medical Response Team
- Calling all CCV people with medical training…..Doctors, Nurses, Paramedics, CPR Trained, AED Trained. A team is forming to respond to medical emergencies during services.
Dads for a Day
- A ministry opportunity for CCV men to mentor a boy from a local fatherless home. Support roles needed from men and women.
- Call Mike for more information / 407-230-6684
- If you have any praise reports or prayer requests, please let Paul know or just hit “Reply” to this email.
- If you would like to be added to the email prayer request list, let Paul know.
- Peter Pecoraro leads the CCV CARE Ministry. As our church is experiencing growth, the physical needs within our body are the highest priority in serving one another in times of sickness, loss of loved ones, and practical needs. The following people have stepped forward and are serving over six areas as follows:
- Bereavement / Don and Carol Mordas
- Visitation / Ollie and Carol Howell
- Meals / Marjie Setser
- Prayer / Paul and Karen Caucci
- Helps / Johnny Cyr
- Benevolence / Stan Grab
- If you know of physical needs within the CCV body, let someone know:
- Contact Pastor Steve, any Elder or Peter if you know of a need within our church.
- Peter Pecoraro: Phone: 585-305-2470 or Email PDP1020@gmail.com
Missons Update: Diana Oxford – Give Them Back Ministries
Diana continues to provide counseling services at the Grace Clinic in Orlando where she has been working since recovering from cancer and awaiting return to the field. Pray that she will have an adequate number of clients so she can pay down her medical bills.
Pray for continued physical strengthening prior to her return to Bosnia later this year where she will renew her ministry with women dealing with trauma. Pray that she will regain the supporters who felt unable to continue during her illness.
Pray also for comfort for her as she still very much misses her brother who went home to be with the Lord last September.
A Bit More About CCV:
- CCV Giving Is Facilitated In Two Ways:
- A Calvary Chapel distinctive is that no offering plate is passed during service.
There is a Tithe and Offering box located at the back of the sanctuary
- Giving online is convenient and can be set up at the CCV website www.ccvillages.org
- AmazonSmile is a website operated by Amazon with the same products, prices, and shopping features as Amazon.com. The difference is that when you shop on AmazonSmile, the AmazonSmile Foundation will donate 0.5% of the purchase price of eligible products to the charitable organization of your choice.
- Go to http://smile.amazon.com/about.
- Select “Calvary Chapel Villages” from the eligible organization list.
- Facilities – We are currently leasing the community center where we worship on Sundays. There is an “Expansion Fund” for CCV folks to give toward a future permanent facility. You may give by identifying your donation for this purpose on the envelopes (info table) or online.
- Visit the newly updated CCV Website: www.ccvillages.org