Coronavirus Impact Update
Nothing is more important than your soul and your safety, and we are doing everything we can to ensure the well being of our church family. We will share updates with you as quickly as possible with your safety and health foremost in mind.
Please check your email and our calendar on the website for updates on potential cancellations.
As a reminder, the CDC has implemented recommendations which may be found here:
From Pastor Steve: Unusual Times Call For Unusual Measures
Jesus said, “Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you; not as the world gives to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid.” [John 14:27]
In Matthew 24 Jesus speaks of coming calamities. He includes pestilences (diseases of pandemic proportions). In verse 6 He says, “See that you are not troubled.”
This is a time for us to live in faith not fear, wisdom not carelessness, caution not panic. In conversing with the Lord, with our leaders and with several other pastors, We Plan To Continue Our Church Services For The Time Being. Everything will be monitored from day to day and week to week. We need one another. We need to worship. We need to gather around God’s Word.
Here are new adjustments:
- Tentative Church Service at 10:00 Sunday
- Watch your email or check the CCV website for updates closer to Sunday
- If You Are Sick Or Have Symptoms Of Cold, Flu Or Virus, We Request That You Stay Home
- We Will Put Our Greeting Time At Church On Hold For Now
- Limit Personal Contact To Fist Bumps, Elbow Pumps, etc,
- If You Are Unable To Attend Church, The Message Will Be Up On The Website ASAP After Church.
- Each Community Group Will Make Its Own Decision About Whether To Meet This Next Week
- Group Leaders Call Your Members And Make A Decision For This Week
- Anniversary Party Is Cancelled
- Plans Are To Reschedule Later In The Year
- The Jails Are Closed To Outside Interaction
- Ruth House Mentoring Suspended
Finally, please stay tuned to the church email blast and website for further information.
Let’s all be diligently in prayer for God’s mercy worldwide, for each other, and for our own personal wisdom in walking through this challenge. The Lord God Almighty is in control and He is with us.